Solar fence post lights offer a practical and planet-friendly lighting solution for outdoor spaces around your home. That's why we've rounded up the best solar fence lights on the market today. But first, let's take a look at some helpful information you'll want to know before you shop.
Perks of Using Solar Lights
Solar outdoor lights are becoming increasingly popular, and for a good reason too. The LED light will absorb the solar energy and storage power throughout the day, and the soft glow light will automatically light up when evening comes. Here are a few of the advantages of solar lighting:
- Environmentally-friendly— The most obvious advantage of solar lights is that they're far more eco-friendly than traditional lights. Thanks to their built-in solar panels, they don't need batteries or electricity, only a few hours of sun to recharge before it gets dark. They're a great way to cut back on fossil fuel use and reduce the carbon footprint of your home.
- Energy-efficient— Solar post lights are also more energy-efficient (and cost-efficient), as they won't run up your electricity bill. It depends on the lights you use, some solar lights can be a few times brighter than conventional bulbs.
- Automatic operation— Almost all solar fence lights have an automatic on-off feature that automatically turns the lights on at dusk and turns them off at dawn to save power while they charge. They're incredibly convenient and easy to use.
- Improved safety and security— A well-lit yard, path, or patio can help improve visibility, prevent trips and falls, and deter intruders.
- Low-maintenance— Solar post cap lights are incredibly low-maintenance. Once installed, they'll only need occasional cleaning and check-up to ensure they're working properly.
- Stylish— These days, solar lights come in every size, shape, material, and design style imaginable. It's easier than ever to find something that's both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
How to Find A Perfect Solar Post Cap Light
Having so many lighting options to choose from can feel a bit overwhelming. Here are a few tips on how to find the right solar post cap lights for your outdoor space:
- Determine the number of solar fence lights you need— You'll want to determine how many solar post lights you need, based on the size, shape, and intended use of the area you're looking to illuminate. You can install them on posts or flat surfaces like the top of railings, fences, or deck posts.
- Ensure the product is compatible with your fence posts— Many solar fence lights will only fit a certain size and shape of the fence post, so you'll need to double-check that the product will actually work in its intended location. You will want to find lights that are perfectly fit on posts.
- Give your solar lights plenty of suns— While most solar post lights will still charge on a cloudy day, it's best to place them somewhere that they'll receive at least a few hours of direct sunlight. Lights that don't receive enough sun won't fully charge during the day and won't stay lit through the night.
- Don't sacrifice on design— These days, there's no need to sacrifice a stylish design to find a high-quality product that's built to last. Look for a product that pairs well with the style and color of your fencing. As well as coordinates with your other light fixtures and outdoor decor.
- Set a budget and stick to it— When determining your budget, you'll want to factor in how many lights you'll need in total. There are a number of affordable solar fence lights on the market, so there's no need to break the bank. In fact, multi-packs are a great way to save money when purchasing multiple lights. If you're buying a budget-friendly product, you'll want to read a few customer reviews to ensure it's a wise purchase. Low-cost products use cheaper, less durable materials that often don't last as long.
The 11 Best Solar Post Cap Lights
If there's one solar fence post light worth adding to your home, it's this Hylan Outdoor Lantern Fence Post Cap from Milwood Pines. The lantern-style light is perfect for flanking an entryway, illuminating a garden path, or adding accent lighting to your deck or patio. Its classic design and rustic details draw inspiration from chic cabins and mountain getaways. Milwood Pines offers versatile solar light in ten different metal finishes and ten shade types, making it easier than ever to find something that coordinates with your existing lighting.
Out of 11
Classy Caps is one of the most popular solar post light brands, thanks to its high-quality materials, practical designs, and affordable prices. These Regal Solar Post Cap Lights are made from high-quality PVC materials specially designed to prevent cracking and fading over years of sun and weather exposure. Each white vinyl square boasts a solar panel on top and extra-bright LED lights around the sides. After a full day's charge in the sun, they'll automatically turn on in low light conditions and stay lit for a full 12 hours.
Looking for solar safety lights that'll add style to your outdoor space? Try these Decorative Solar Post Cap Lights from Home Zone Security. The minimalist design is made from ultra-durable materials that can withstand inclimate weather any time of year. Inside, each post cap has bright solar-powered LED lights that automatically switch on in the evening and off at dawn. Without wires, they're incredibly easy to install using the mounting screws included in the set.
Westinghouse Solar Lighting's Intelligent LED Solar Post Cap Lights offer a versatile lighting solution that works in almost any outdoor space. The four sleek black lights can be attached to fences, walls, and stairs— no wiring needed. Plus, the clean design pairs well with any outdoor decor style. Built-in sensors detect battery capacity and regulate performance to ensure continuous lighting all night long.
Out of 11
For a modern look, illuminate your outdoor space with these Patchogue Solar Fence Lights Arlmont & Co. The low-profile lights are made from durable, weather-resistant materials and solar panels that'll charge rain or shine. The bright white light is great for any outdoor area, including deck, patios, and driveways. Each light comes with an optional pier mount base to accommodate both 4 x 4-inch and 6 x 6-inch posts. They're a great way to reduce your carbon footprint and cut down on electricity costs at the same time.
While many products on the market are made with cheap plastic, this Fairmont Black Outdoor Solar Post Cap Light is made from genuine pebbled glass. Its classic design boasts sleek lines and simple details that bring a stylish touch to your deck, patio, or walkway. The black metal frame and bright white LED lights are waterproof, rust-resistant, and ready to withstand any weather conditions. They light up automatically at night and shut off in the morning to allow the energy-efficient solar panel on top to soak up a full charge in the sun.
Davinci Lighting's Renaissance Solar Post Cap Lights provide more than just styling accent lighting for your deck or patio. The outdoor lights increase safety and security too. While some products only fit one post size, these versatile post lights fit 4 x 4-inch, 5 x 5-inch, and 6 x 6-inch posts. Choose from crisp pearl white or sleek slate black. Both shades are made from high-quality, waterproof materials that won't crack or fade over time. The best part is, there's no electricians, wiring, or frequent maintenance required.
Out of 11
If you're looking to light a large space, it's best to stick with a budget-friendly multi-pack like this 10-pack of Solar-Powered Outdoor Lights from Roshwey. While other solar post caps are made with cheap plastic, these fence lights are made with durable stainless steel and 30 built-in LED beads. After a full charge during the day, they've got enough power to last 8-10 hours after the sun goes down. They're the perfect choice for lighting a pathway, perimeter fence, driveway, or set of stairs.
Classy Caps' Prestige Copper Solar Post Lights bring a distinct charm to your backyard deck posts at a reasonable price. On top of each square solar post cap light is a powerful solar panel. Inside lie three bright LED lights that'll stay lit for up to 12 hours of battery life on a full charge. The antique electroplated copper frame and frosted lens add an elegant touch to any outdoor space. You can mount this light on a flat surface like columns or pillars.
Out of 11
Bring a sophisticated feel to your deck with these Copper LED Solar Post Cap Lights from Unido. They're made from weatherproof nano-ABS plastic with an attractive copper finish. When the lights go down, they'll automatically turn on their LED lights to illuminate your space with 8-12 hours of continuous bright light. The solar post lights will fit any 4 x 4-inch vinyl or PVC fence post but are not compatible with most wooden posts and fencing.
Out of 11
Homeowners can't go wrong adding these Sterno Home Solar Fence Post Cap Lights to their backyard or garden. The practical lights are made from weatherproof, rust-resistant cast aluminum and energy-efficient LED lights. Without wiring to worry about, they can withstand any conditions. Your solar lights will still charge, rain or shine. Plus, they're incredibly easy to install, so you won't need to worry about hiring a professional to help.