What better way for the kids to spend a hot summer day than enjoying the sunshine, playing with pets or friends, and getting a bit of exercise with a trampoline sprinkler? These functional, affordable water play sprinklers bring the joy of a water park right to your backyard and make birthday and pool parties a blast for kids!
In this guide to trampoline sprinklers, we'll break down what trampoline sprinklers are, how to install them, and where to find the best trampoline water products of 2021.
What is a trampoline sprinkler?
As the name suggests, trampoline sprinklers are designed specifically for use on trampolines. Most models feature a hose-like design that attaches right to the safety net surrounding the trampoline using zip ties or cables. They're easy to install and a breeze to takedown at the end of summer!
Additionally, a trampoline sprinkler outdoor helps keep kids cool while using the trampoline on hot summer days. In fact, a sprinkler can reduce the temperature on the trampoline surface by up to 25 degrees. All you need to do is connect it to your hose, turn on the water, and you're ready for a day of family fun right at home!
Is it safe to put a sprinkler under a trampoline?
While it is possible to use a regular sprinkler under your trampoline or on the side, the experience pales in comparison to an actual trampoline sprinkler. Instead of providing a cooling mist from above, a sprinkler placed underneath can only wet the trampoline's surface to make it a bit more slippery.
Regardless of what type of sprinkler you use, it should always be done under adult supervision. Additionally, you should always towel off the trampoline surface and safety pads after use to prevent any water damage.
How to Install a Trampoline Sprinkler
Installing a trampoline sprinkler is surprisingly quick and easy. It's important to point out that most trampoline sprinklers are only suitable for use on trampolines with safety nets and cannot be installed without them. All you'll need for installation is the sprinkler, a few zip ties, and a garden hose:
- Start by connecting the sprinkler to your hose and testing the water flow to ensure there are no leaks or water pressure problems and that the sprinkler hose nozzle and your garden hose are compatible.
- Next, attach the sprinkler to the top circumference of your trampoline net using zip ties or the installation equipment included with the product. Be sure to secure the hose tightly to ensure it stays securely fastened against the net should bouncing children try to pull on it.
- Next, you'll want to turn the water on to test the direction of the spray coming from the holes in the hose. You might need to adjust the angle of the sprinkler to help water cover the entire trampoline surface.
- When you're ready to use your trampoline, just switch the water on, and you're ready to go!
What to Look for in a Product
While most trampoline sprinklers are relatively similar in style, products still vary widely based on price, quality, and size. Here are a few key things to consider before making a purchase:
- Size— Sprinkler hoses vary in length to accommodate different trampoline sizes, so you'll want to measure your trampoline before you start shopping.
- Durable Hoses— Thicker hoses are more durable and less likely to crack in hot weather. Look for products that are labeled as UV-treated or double-walled.
- Style— While some products create a nice gentle mist, others have a rotating head that creates a water park effect that kids love. Some models cover the entire trampoline with water; others offer a more controlled spray.
- Compatible with Your Water Hose— To avoid disappointed kids come playtime, you'll need to double-check the sprinkler and garden hoses are compatible.
- Price— Finally, you'll need to determine how much money you're looking to spend. Consider how often your children use the trampoline and whether you're looking to purchase a product that's high quality or a product that's a great value.
The Best Trampoline Sprinklers for Kids
There's a good reason why the Artbeck Trampoline Sprinkler is a best-seller on Amazon. It's a perfect balance of affordable, durable, and easy to install. The material of the 39-foot hose is 30% thicker than most brands to help prevent cracks and leaks. Its double head nozzle connects right to your garden hose or water valve. The ARTBECK Trampoline Sprinkler set includes one 39-foot misting line, cable ties, double-sided tape, and spare water pipe interface.
The Bobor Trampoline Sprinkler brings the fun of a water park right to your backyard. The sprinkler features a 39-foot misting hose made with thickened water pipe walls that won't burst easily. To ensure it's safe for small children and won't damage your trampoline safety net, the sprinkler hose is mounted on the outside of the net using reusable cable ties that make for easy installation and disassembly. Additionally, the sprinkler system can be used to water your lawn or garden.
SOOFUN's Trampoline Waterwhirl Sprinkler is not your average tube-style trampoline sprinkler. Instead, the 360-degree rotating sprinkler is fixed to a pole on a trampoline net, making for easy installation and disassembly. The 5-meter spraying range makes it suitable for trampolines up to 16 feet wide. At its affordable price point, it's the ideal way for kids to cool off on a hot summer day without spending money on tickets to the water park!
The Jasonwell Trampoline Sprinkler features a 39-foot-long misting tube made with UV-treated, non-toxic materials to withstand summer after summer in the sun. The tube comes in your choice of orange or green.
Simply attach the sprinkler hose to the perimeter of the safety net using the cable ties included, connect to the hose, and voila! Your children can enjoy the fun of the water park right at home. It's perfect for family get-togethers, birthday parties, and hot summer days.
While other trampoline sprinklers cover the entire trampoline surface with water, the ThrillZoo Waterwall Trampoline Sprinkler creates a wall of water that allows jumpers to stay on the sides of the trampoline. Instead of attaching to the perimeter of the trampoline net, the misting tube is attached to just one of the net safety poles. As a result, it can be used on any standard enclosure, including straight poles, curved poles, angled poles, and arch enclosure poles. Thanks to high-quality UV-resistant piping, the sprinkler isn't just versatile; it's durable too.
The Hangrui Trampoline Sprinkler comes complete with everything you need for a day of summer fun in the backyard. In addition to the sprinkler hose, connector valve, and attachment cables, the kit comes with two colorful beach balls for kids to toss as they bounce.
The sprinkler features an upgraded connector, detachable sprinkler tail, and double hole design that offer superior durability and ensures an even flow of water. In addition, the UV-resistant materials won't swell or deform under the sun. In addition, the product can also be used for watering the lawn or running through the sprinkler.